by Pearl Cleage
Directed by Torie Wiggins
January 24, 25 30, 31, February 1, 6, 7, 8 – 2020
(All performances at 8:00 PM)
It’s the summer of 1930 in Harlem, New York. The creative euphoria of the Harlem Renaissance has given way to the harsher realities of the Great Depression. The play brings together a rich cast of characters who reflect the conflicting currents of the time through their overlapping personalities and politics.
- Audition Dates: July 17 & 18, 2019
- Audition Times: 6:30-9:30 PM (by appointment only)
- Audition Location: Falcon Theatre, 636 Monmouth Street, Newport, KY
- Audition Requirements:
- Bring 1 prepared monologue preferably in the style of the character you’re reading for
- Please bring a headshot and resume (please do not staple them together)
- ANGEL ALLEN – a thirty-four-year-old black woman who looks five years younger, former back-up singer at the Cotton Club. (This character does sing…no preparation necessary for this but the director may ask actresses interested in this role to sing something simple like a bluesy Happy Birthday)
- GUY JACOBS – a thirtyish black man; costume designer at The Cotton Club.
- DELIA PATTERSON – a twenty-five-year-old black woman; social worker on staff at the Margaret Sanger family planning clinic.
- SAM THOMAS – a forty-year-old black doctor at Harlem Hospital.
- LELAND CUNNINGHAM – a twenty-eight-year-old black man from Alabama; a six-week resident of Harlem.
- Contact the director, Torie Wiggins, with questions or for more information about auditions: Email Torie