Falcon Theatre IDEA Commitment
As Dr. Martin Luther King wrote nearly sixty years ago, “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” It is our intention to create a welcoming space where stories, from every corner of the nation and world, can be told and celebrated. We are committed to standing with our world community as we all try to find justice and peace and a way forward that includes ALL voices.
Our IDEA, Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility, Committee was formed in 2021. We strive to learn, engage, foster and develop stories that are by and for all people. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, religions, sexualities, gender identities, ages, abilities, backgrounds, countries of origin, and other non-majority communities. This commitment will be reflected in our programming, audience and outreach.
- Provide ongoing IDEA and anti-racism training for the Falcon Theatre Board
- Continue to produce BIPOC plays
- Practice identity and color-conscious casting when roles are not specified by the playwright
- Provide coaching to leadership and staff in shaping their roles as advocates for IDEA, both internally and externally
- Work with and support social justice groups that promote Equity in our community
- Seek to discover new partnerships throughout each season that deepen our roots in the community
- Continue to ensure economic access to our programming by keeping ticket costs low and providing discounts for students
- Continue to learn about and implement strategies to provide equitable access to everyone along the continuum of human ability and experience